Have questions? Want to learn who is doing what during Penguicon 2024? Looking for a specific department head? You’ve come to the right place. Penguicon is an event with many talented, passionate volunteers who’ve stepped up to fill positions to ensure we can gather at Penguicon 2024!
ConChair: Bagel Garrison
- The Convention Chair is chosen by Penguicon’s Board of Directors to present a budget and create their unique spin on Penguicon in concert with their chosen Guests of Honor, Con Committee, staff, volunteers, and presenters. They run our Con Committee meetings and are the final stop for most decisions. If you aren’t sure who to contact with your concern or request, the Con Chair is always a good option.
Asst. Chair: Sarah Jane Catlin
- Our Assistant Chair supports the Con Chair in numerous ways during the planning year and at the con itself. The Assistant Chair is on hand to lend expertise and experience.
Hotel Liaison: Lithie Dubois
- The Hotel Liaison works with the concom to oversee the management of things like the hotel contract, room special requests, event space management, and amenities.
Registration: Paul Keyes
- The Head of Registration manages our online registration system and wrangles our on-site registration process along with their team of Registration Staff.
Programming: Bagel Garrison
- Our Head of Programming works with their department of volunteers called Track Heads, to coordinate the hundreds of hours of programming events you see each year. If you have any questions your event’s track head can’t answer, feel free to email the Head of Programming.
ConSuite: Dan Eckerd
- The ConSuite Head oversees the creation of the food, fun, and fabulousness that is ConSuite. From tasty beverages to oh-so-good snacks and munchies, ConSuite provides a great service to our community.
Operations: (OPEN POSITION)
- The Head of Ops handles on-site incident response with their team, from missing cables to more serious concerns. If you have a question or concern at the convention, you are welcome to go to the Ops desk first, and they will direct you as needed.
- Head of Operations is NEEDED! Email: [email protected] to apply!
Program Ops: Lithie Dubois
- Program Operations, or Program Ops, takes the programming schedule, the list of Presenters, and the directives of the Hotel Liaison and ensures that the Programming Schedule starts and continues to operate smoothly throughout the con.
Talent Liaison: Amy Castner
- Our Talent Liaison acts as a one-stop-shop for our Guests of Honor (GoH) relationship. They arrange for our GoH liaisons and make sure they have everything they need for a great Penguicon experience.
Treasurer: Chelle Green
- Our Treasurer works with every department to help maintain and track our annual budget, as well as handling expenses.
Logistics: Dan Eckerd
- Logistics inventories deliver, and otherwise manage our physical infrastructure – food track equipment, the Chaos Machine components, banners and signs, and any other Penguicon property.
IT/Tech: Paul Keyes
- The IT/Tech/Support helps out with the website and any technology-related issues.
Accessibility: Chelle Green
- The Accessibility Head ensures that all aspects of Penguicon are accessible to everyone.
Maker Market: Sarah Jane Catlin
The head of the Maker Market is in charge of organizing all things Maker Market. From encouraging applications to our Maker Market to creating the logistical maps needed for placing every Maker Table, and so much more!
Volunteers: (OPEN POSITION)
- The Head of Volunteers gathers and manages volunteers, working with the rest of the staff to find areas that need more helping hands and then placing willing volunteers into those roles to keep the convention running smoothly!
- Head of Volunteers is NEEDED!
Communications: James Gamble
- The Communications department typically works with the other departments to communicate important updates to this year’s event, moderates our social media accounts, manages our Penguicon art assets, and handles press and photography.
Asst Program Ops: Peter Cerra
Sponsorship Lead: Paul Kemner
Discord Wrangler: Brandon Webster
Programming Track Heads:
After Dark Track: Jen
Anime Track: Paul
Diversity Track: Ian
DIY Track: Alyssa
Food Track: Alan
Gaming Track: Ska
Life Track: Ian
Literature Track: OPEN
Media Track: Alan
Science Track: OPEN
Tech Track: Hussein
Writer’s Block – Lithie
Penguicon Board Of Directors
Penguicon is run by a Convention Committee for one year at a time, but also has a multi-year governing body, the Board of Directors. The Board makes decisions for future years of Penguicon, but does so only when unavoidable, in order to leave the Convention Committee with as much control of their weekend as possible. Multi-year decisions include:
- Select each year’s Convention Chair.
- Approve the Convention Chair’s budget proposal.
- Keep the bank account.
- Pay taxes.
- Set the eight minimum rules each year’s Convention Committee expands on.
- Collect private reports of isolated misconduct, to detect multi-year patterns of misconduct from any individual which may need to be addressed outside the convention weekend.
- Provide information technology infrastructure.
- The Board meets four times a year as well as during Penguicon. Meetings are open to the public.
|Director at Large
|Director at Large